Birthday Parties at the Center!
Celebrate your child's birthday with family and friends at the Nature Discovery Center. We can design your party to meet your child's unique interests!
Download Flyer For More Info on Birthday Party Programs
Parties may be scheduled at the Center Tuesday - Sunday from 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The cost of the pavilion rental is $100; however, you can waive this fee if by becoming a member at the Wildlife Partner level or higher membership (minimum $100). Parties are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis and require advanced registration. Memberships and programs must be paid for in advance, while Discovery Room tours can be paid the day of your party.
Select from our Party Options:
Choose one option (from #1 or #2) for $75.00 or any two options for $120.00. Each option lasts 30 to 45 minutes.
1. Party Programs:
Live animals, puppets, and specimens from our collection help make our party programs a special experience for your birthday child and their friends and family to enjoy. Suggested age ranges are provided, but all programs can be adapted for kids of all ages.
- • Bunny Buddies -- Learn all about rabbits while visiting with a live rabbit and listening to a rabbit tale. For ages 2 to 4*.
• Super Senses -- Guests explore their senses of smell, touch, sight, and hearing in this super interactive program. Add in some sweet treats yourself and all five senses will be covered in this fun filled party! For ages 3 to 5*.
• Join the Insect Club -- A fun and interactive puppet show about insects, spiders, and other animals. For ages 4 to 7*.
• Scales and Tails -- A program all about reptiles: snakes, lizards, turtles, etc. Children will be able to touch and investigate live animals and reptile specimens up close. For ages 5 to 11*.
- * Suggested age ranges are provided, but programs can be adapted for kids of all ages upon request.
2. Guided Tours:
- • Discovery Room Tour
Center Staff guide children and parents though our Discovery Rooms. Your guide will bring out live animals for the children to pet and will help children find age appropriate activities in our exhibits. Note: It is better to have the children come upstairs BEFORE refreshments (cleaner hands).
- For our animal's sake as well as fire codes, there is a maximum of 30 children and parents in the rooms at a time.
- • Nature Walk
Party guests and their parents explore Russ Pitman Park with Center Staff. Group limit is 15 kids; this option is reserved for smaller parties.
“My son loves to have his party here. This place is magical!” ~ Debbie Fernandez
• Pavilions may be reserved for parties Tuesdays through Sundays from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm, 12:30 - 3:30 pm, or 3:30 - 6 pm.
• Food and drinks are allowed in the pavilion area only.
• A MAXIMUM of 30 people (children and parents) are allowed in the Discovery Rooms at one time.
• Caged animals in the park should not be disturbed or fed.
• NO petting zoos or pony rides are allowed.
• You MUST show proof of liability insurance (before your party) for all moon bounces.
• NO balloons of any kind. They are dangerous to children as well as our animal friends.
• Leave the party areas you use as clean as you found them.
• Have an alternate plan for bad weather; birthday parties are not allowed inside the rest of the house.
Birthday Parties Off-Site
We'll happily take our Birthday Party Programs on the road to your home, at a park, or at another facility. Select from the party programs listed and call the Center at 713.667.6550 to check booking availability.
Rates depend on the party location: $100 inside Beltway 8, $100.00 plus mileage outside Beltway 8.
Last Updated on Monday, April 04, 2016 11:16 AM